It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:22 pm 

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:28 pm
Posts: 363
Offline
That has not been confirmed. It just showed up on some swedish website that nobody has heard of. Even the leaked beta had Dx11 source files, so I highly doubt that C2 wont have dx11 support on launch. Unless Crytek confirms it I call bogus. It is just a rumor.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:11 pm 

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:22 am
Posts: 19
Offline
The information about no DX11 was presented at a Nvidia Demo. DX11 or not MP gameplay is horrible and its sad its called Crysis.

Id say by the obvious XBOX port we got for the Demo the PC side of the game is going to be less than stellar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:53 pm 

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:28 pm
Posts: 363
Offline
What don't you like about the MP? To me it feels like they focused on how everyone played Wars, on smallish maps with relatively few people. The fast paced-ness is still there, especially because of the new parkour elements.

Even if it doesn't have dx11 at launch that is not what is going to make or break the game. If the gameplay is good (and IMHO the MP is), and the story is decent it is going to be a decent game.

I can't complain about graphics because I can actually run this one with decent frame rates and it still looks nice. On Gamer (the lowest setting in the demo) I get great frame rates and it looks way better than any other game i have played. Even on Gamer C2 looks better in many ways than some Crysis Wars MP maps did on very high (I booted up Coast, and compared to the two C2 maps we have seen it looks quite dreadful).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:05 pm 

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:22 am
Posts: 19
Offline
The failure that is Crysis 2 cannot be accurately described within the bounds of the English language. The words "unimaginative," "shortsighted," and "unintelligent" only begin to touch on the underlying fact that this game is nothing more than a desperate bid by you, Crytek, to copy off of Call of Duty's success and gameplay.

While the veteran Crysis enthusiast will be quick to compare Crysis 1/Wars and Crysis 2 in order to illustrate Crysis 2's faults, I find that Crysis 2 succeeds as a monumental failure all on its own, without the merits of its predecessor casting it in a bad light. Besides, I know that it is unrealistic to assume that a game's sequel will be a direct copy of the former's gameplay. However, I do expect some form of gameplay to carry over instead of almost none at all.

That being said, Crytek, you have not only singlehandedly failed to make the player feel like a "super soldier" in the newly designed Nanosuit, you have also failed to implement movement, weapon, and suit mechanics in a way that feels at all coherent. In short, this game feels like an uncoordinated mess.

For example; the newly designed Nanosuit 2 requires the player to manually enter "Armor Mode," at which point the suit uses it's remaining energy as a shield. However, even if a player has been badly damaged but has full energy, if they switch into Armor Mode they will be killed almost immediately as the multi-million dollar marvel of modern engineering that is the Nanosuit 2 cannot protect them completely from a gunshot. Maybe its realistic, maybe its not, but it is definitely frustrating, every time.

Also, why, for the love of God above, is there not an option to bind "jump" and "strength jump" to two separate keys? This new system may have sounded like a good idea on paper but it results in accidental strength jumps at an alarming rate, and what seems like an awkward delay between the time you press the jump key and you actually jump.

Another prime example of Crysis 2's bewildering hand-holding is the fact that, while you are sprinting, if you happen to get shot, you immediately stop sprinting and slow to a walk. This leaves the beleagured player scrambling to spam the "sprint" key again in order to find cover, while their assailant yawns tiredly as he continues to pump round after round of snail-inducing ammunition into them, as Crysis 2 delivers him his "hard earned" kill. It only takes about 5 hits from the fully automatic SCAR rifle to kill someone anyway.

Speaking of sprinting, even though using sprint is technically considered "Speed Mode," somehow the incredible Nanosuit 2 cannot propel the player faster than an elderly speed-walker. Once the almighty Nanosuit runs out of energy, the hapless soldier inside can no longer sprint under his own power. Instead the most he can hope to achieve is walking.

All in all, instead of the next level of super-soldier warfare that we should expect out of two cutting-edge armies battling each other in a major city, what we have is a game where players camp the high points, run everywhere while cloaked, dying in only a few shots. All the while trying to rank up and unlock weapons and attachments, as well as earning killstreaks to use on the enemy team.

Crysis 2 has devolved from a fast-paced brutal fps; where quick reflexes combined with steady aim rewarded those who took time to develop them, into a sluggish and clumsy version of Call of Duty with a few bells and whistles, none of them for the better. This game is now an exercise in who-sees-who first wins the battle. At what point did you decide to take the skill out of this game and make it a game about cloaking and camping?


I grabed this from another post as it sums up a majority of the feelings I and many in PhX have about this game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:54 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:09 am
Posts: 268
Location: PA
Offline
Wow that was well said!

Sums it up perfectly.

I guess I am playing a different game than nukem and the ofc guys, because this game is slower than black ops and is NO where near crysis1/wars.

This suit is a regression. It feels more like a prototype to the suit in wars/crysis1.

But whatever, there are people that can't see past the crysis label and will play it no matter what. There are those that won't play it because they feel crytek turned its back on PC players and released a pile of shit console port, based on BFBC2 with COD levels and perks and slapped a crysis label on it.

It isn't crysis, in any respect, IMO. To each their own. If you like it, awesome, have fun.

I won't be playing this game outside the demo.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:00 pm 

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:28 pm
Posts: 363
Offline
I disagree with a LOT of these points. Of course, it is all subjective.

GangusKahn wrote:
this game is nothing more than a desperate bid by you, Crytek, to copy off of Call of Duty's success and gameplay.


Crysis 2's gameplay feels NOTHING like CoD to me. If feels genuinely like Crysis. The kill-streaks do borrow from CoD's formula, as does the unlock system and perks, but I have found the kill-streaks almost unnoticeable, and very balanced. I never minded the unlock system in CoD. In fact, it was one of the only reasons I continued playing it at all. The movement and traversing of the map is nothing like CoD. It is Crysis plain and simple, with a little less speed mode (which a lot of people hated, including myself), and even more jumping from place to place thanks to the parkour stuff.

GangusKahn wrote:
Maybe [armor mode] is realistic, maybe its not, but it is definitely frustrating, every time.


Personally, I find the change to armor mode to be quite thrilling. It makes your reflexes and reaction to contact even more crucial in defeating the enemy. It isnt the same as Crysis 1, but I don't think that is a bad thing. Of course, this is entirely subjective, but I like it; it just seems to make more sense to me.

GangusKahn wrote:
Once the almighty Nanosuit runs out of energy, the hapless soldier inside can no longer sprint under his own power.


I agree on this one. I found speed mode in Crysis 1 to be exploited and usually stupid, but the inability to run at all in armor mode is dumb. I would understand if they made non power mode running slower, but forcing the player to walk is very resticting and does not fit in with the fast pace of the game. However, I would almost bet that the ability to run in armor mode will be one of the modules, which is fine by me.

GangusKahn wrote:
This game is now an exercise in who-sees-who first wins the battle. At what point did you decide to take the skill out of this game and make it a game about cloaking and camping?


This is just incorrect. I routinely kill players who get the drop on me, and I kinda suck.

Also, after playing with Nitti last night I know for a fact that skill is still the deciding factor. He racked up an obscene number of kills (something like 20:2). He didn't camp, and I don't think I saw him cloak once. I can see what you are getting at in some of your points, but I fail to see any truth in this one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:34 pm 
Staff Member

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:00 pm
Posts: 3098
Offline
Well, I'm a dumb noob when it comes to Crysis, but I have been totally destroying everyone in every game I play in the demo just by using basic fps pwning techniques and I NEVER use invisihax mode, and I never camp. A lot of the quoted stuff above just made me laugh. The idea that Crysis has NOW become about going invisible and camping... OMFG.

Lots of that stuff above seems like baby pussy crying to me by someone who has special fps needs. This game is a piece of cake and whoever is best is going to win, just like any other game.

I do find it it to be boring and uninteresting, though; sort of a weird blur of an experience based on many better games.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:52 pm 
Clan Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:31 pm
Posts: 282
Location: Ontario, California
Offline
When i first started playing the demo, I thought it sucked. The fact that it drains energy points just to run is retarded. Doesn't everyone run just about everywhere in just about EVERY FPS game? And its stupid that some cloaknoob can run up on you and start shooting, and even if you react immediately and they get just one shot on you before you hit them, you die and they live. They need to balance that so skilled players maintain an advantage over players who simply hide and lie in wait. Nobody likes playing with them, regardless of what game they are skulking about in. If they dont balance the cloak armor this game will be filled with marginally skilled cloakers who lie in wait and protect their K/Ds with no regard for their team. Add in the "bonuses" or whatever the fuck they call them, and 1 or 2 of these faggots can beat an entire team of skilled players regularly enough that the skilled players wont bother playing anymore.

That being said, the more i play the demo, I am starting to like it. I am going to reserve judgement until the retail version comes out and I have all of the upgrades, specifically a laser and an ACOG scope. Im hoping that the added accuracy of those upgrades will balance the game, and once some custom maps get into rotation it could actually be a good game.

_________________
Image
Never get out of the boat.
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:25 am 

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:58 pm
Posts: 14
Offline
GangusKahn wrote:
"The failure that is Crysis 2 cannot be accurately described within the bounds of the English language....."<snip>

I grabed this from another post as it sums up a majority of the feelings I and many in PhX have about this game.
Maximus wrote:
Wow that was well said!
Sums it up perfectly.

Snypr18 of our team http://www.hostilesyndicate.com posted that.

tomatoes wrote:
Lots of that stuff above seems like baby pussy crying to me by someone who has special fps needs.

He'd destroy you any day in any game. I think what you said sums it up plenty and your opinion on the sequel should be simply ignored:
tomatoes wrote:
Well, I'm a dumb noob when it comes to Crysis...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:11 pm 
Staff Member

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:00 pm
Posts: 3098
Offline
Tiddlywinks at dawn, then. But they must be special 8mm-thick tiddlies that only bounce 4" high when dropped on concrete. It must take exactly six tiddlies to kill, not 5, not 7. They must be thrown from a semi-prone position, not fully- nor unprone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:54 pm 
Staff Member

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:00 pm
Posts: 2450
Offline
Epic challenge!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:41 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:09 am
Posts: 268
Location: PA
Offline
HSOsok wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:
"The failure that is Crysis 2 cannot be accurately described within the bounds of the English language....."<snip>

I grabed this from another post as it sums up a majority of the feelings I and many in PhX have about this game.
Maximus wrote:
Wow that was well said!
Sums it up perfectly.

Snypr18 of our team http://www.hostilesyndicate.com posted that.



Although I don't know him, he nailed it. I have copy/pasted his post a few times because he covered all my grievances in a well spoken manner. I didn't know who to cite, but now I do. Thank you.

Please pass along my "thanks" to him as well.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:40 pm 
Clan Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:31 pm
Posts: 282
Location: Ontario, California
Offline
The more I play this demo, the more i like it.

_________________
Image
Never get out of the boat.
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:20 am 
Clan Member

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 am
Posts: 41
Offline
I kinda like it as well, though it is completely different than Crysis. I probably like it because most people I play against suck and I destroy them. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ** Offical Crysis 2 Thread **
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:54 am 
Clan Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:31 pm
Posts: 282
Location: Ontario, California
Offline
my ingame name is arclite , if you are playing crysis 2 please list your ingame name so we can play as a squad. Any 6 of us together could own this game.

_________________
Image
Never get out of the boat.
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme Created by HOLLYSMOKE
pozycjonowanie